Insurance and Fees
Your counseling sessions could be covered 100% or in part by your insurance.
We will check your benefits for you before your first session. If you would like for us to look at your covered benefits, please complete the form found on the New Client Info page. The coverage information we are given is not a guarantee of payment for services. If your plan denies payment, you will be responsible for payment. All out of pocket costs are due the day of service, including any deductible or co-payments amounts.
The following is a partial list of insurance companies we currently accept:
- Aetna Behavioral Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama/Blue Choice plans/ALL KIDS/EPS*
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Premier Health Networks of Alabama/NAMCI (including Helen Keller and Huntsville Hospital employees, Sunshine Mills, Sunshine Homes)
- United Behavioral Health/U.S. Behavioral Health (including OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions and PacifiCare Behavioral Health)
If you’d like to know your own benefits, please call your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Are outpatient behavioral health services covered with my plan?
- What is my co-insurance/co-pay for out-patient mental health office visits?
- Do I have a deductible and has it been met fully or partly?
- Are there any limits to the number of sessions per year for outpatient mental health services?
- Do I need to have prior authorization for outpatient office visits?
- Are licensed professional counselors covered providers with my plan?
- Are there certain outpatient mental health procedures that are not covered with my plan?
Employee Assistance Plans
Employee Assistance Plans (EAP) include free mental health services for covered employees and their family members. Please refer to your employer's benefit plan to verify these services.
The following is a list of EAP companies we are currently accept:
- Aetna EAP/Resources for Life (including TVA employees)
- American Behavioral Health EAP (including Constellium employees)
- Behavioral Health Systems EAP/Managed Care (including State of Alabama employees)
- Carebridge Corporation EAP (including SCA employees)
- ComPsych EAP (including Target employees)
*Alicia is the only counselor contracted to accept EPS plans.
Out of Pocket/Cash Rates
If your benefit plans do not cover outpatient mental health services or if you choose to pay for services yourself, we are happy to discuss these rates with. Generally, an initial assessment appointment is $125 with future sessions for $100.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards for payment. We also are able to take select Heath Savings Plan and Flex payment options. Verify with your counselor what payment options are accepted.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified your therapist at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a no-show/late cancellation fee of $80. We understand emergencies happen, please talk with your counselor if you feel you need to cancel on short notice or if you missed a scheduled appointment.
Unsure about your benefits or coverage?
When someone experiences distress it may feel like their life is unmanageable. Amy is here to provide you with quality support and assistance that you will need during that time. She is dedicated to helping potential and current clients. Amy can assist you with clarifying insurance benefits and questions about coverage, she is the first step to beginning your healing process.
256-766-9804 Ext 5